Audio Stuttering (IRQ Conflict?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matius

Baseband Member
Win XP, 3Ghz Processor, 2GB RAM

I installed an Audiophile 24/96 Soundcard, and will occassionally hear stuttering in audio playback. That can be if I'm writing a track, listening to an mp3 on iTunes, Windows Media Player, Quicktime or the Internet.

It's especially frustrating as this is a new computer. I've gone through a bunch of articles to tweak XP for audio, but obviously, still won't do the trick.

I was also reading about IRQ conflicts. What's the best way to check and/or find out if this is a problem? How can I know if this is the issue? Any other suggestions???

Thanks!

Another issue brought to my attention is that it may have something to do with my PCI card...somebody was able to replace this with an AGP card and it worked.

Do people generally have issues between their soundcards and a PCI graphix card???

You bought a new computer with a pci graphics card?>??Are you sure it isn't pci express? Uninstall the drivers and Install the latest from their website. Do you have the latest chipset drivers installed?

well, you could use the device manager to see what IRQs things are on, and see if there are any conflicts.

if it was conflicing, i think it would be more than just stuttering you would be experiencing. i dont think the conflicting devices would work at all.

Hmmm...ok

When checking the Interrupt Requests in Windows XP, these things seem to share w/ the soundcard on #19

Intel(R) 82801G(ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C9
Intel(R) 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller

are you positive theyre all on the same IRQ channel?

IRQ jsut manages devices so that if two things are being used, the one with the lower IRQ number gets priority.

well, if they share a IRQ, then when the CPU sends to that IRQ, it will send to both devces, maybe neither, or the wrong one. therefore the device(s) don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom