DVD Writer suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

0tz

In Runtime
Which among these DVD writers is reliable and your recommendations? Im confused in what brand shall I choose

ASUS
Lite-On
Sony
LG
Samsung

Please do not recommend other brands which is not listed above. Those above are the ones available here and I want to know which among them performs well.

I am using Sony DRU -810A .. it s working great.. check if there are any new versions available.. I had to make a choice between ASUS, SONY and SAMSUNG and I took SONY.. personally i never liked LG ..

As long as the DVD writer is 16X, then you will be fine.

Some people like to have LightScribe, but it's a waste of money. A good, basic, $60 DVD writer from BenQ would be fine.

What's the meaning of Dual Layer? Is it different from an ordinary DVD Writer? What is it's advantage?

How does Lightscribe works? I read it is a cd labeling am I right?

Ive been choosing between Sony and Lite-On.

apokalipse said:
I have two Lg's. they're great.
fast, reliable, 100% success on burning, and quiet.

Ditto.

I also have a DVD-recorder for my television, made by LG. It's excellent for taping NFL.

You can get a TV card for your PC, and record television to DVD.

LG is the best. Also, my LG DVD writer came with it nero espress 6, power DVD and other softwares for free

maroon1 said:
LG is the best. Also, my LG DVD writer came with it nero espress 6, power DVD and other softwares for free

Mine did too. They were the standard OEM edition, but still works the same. Very easy to use installers as well.

LG is also affordable; i got my DVD burner's on sale at the time.

I have Lite-Ons:
1 DVDRW DL (16x)
1 CDRW 52x

both of them are great, no problems. I would definitly reccomend tehm, theyre inexpensive and have solid performance.

No reason to go with an overpriced sony.

adn burning success has to do with the blank media as well, so having a 100% burn rate doesnt say much (IMO).. I could be wrong, but thats my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom