The most insane build ever planning ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont go with conroe and raid 5, i saw at the inquirer that the conroe has troubles with raid 5. Just get like 5 of them in raid 0.

john3 said:
why would u need an X6800? the E6600 has same amount of Cache, and u can just OC it to speeds of a X6800, and that sjust on air cooling.

Looking at the Pentium Extremes, I would assume the Core 2 Extreme X6800 will have an unlocked multiplier. Insane, no?

I would be happy if I could even reach 1600x1200 :(. It's funny though, most of my friends think I'm kinda crazy with 1280x1024 resolution. They have 1024x768, which I can't stand anymore unless I have to.

AnthraX said:
I would be happy if I could even reach 1600x1200 :(. It's funny though, most of my friends think I'm kinda crazy with 1280x1024 resolution. They have 1024x768, which I can't stand anymore unless I have to.

Ditto, lol. My friend was like, "I can run Oblivion just fine at 800x600." At that point I realized that there was a point where I didn't care about the resolution and ran 800x600 on purpose, lol.

Long gone.

Infomatic said:
Ditto, lol. My friend was like, "I can run Oblivion just fine at 800x600." At that point I realized that there was a point where I didn't care about the resolution and ran 800x600 on purpose, lol.

Long gone.

Oh well, I was talking about in Windows. My 9800Pro can handle CSS on 1280x1024 but the menus and text get really big at it freaks me out. :D And I can't even run BF2 on 1024x768 without having some stuff on Low.

Ridlyn said:
Dont go with conroe and raid 5, i saw at the inquirer that the conroe has troubles with raid 5. Just get like 5 of them in raid 0.

Would Like to see that article, I don't see how ANY cpu would have problems with any Kind of RAID.

And Most motherboards Do not support RAID 5, so you would need a PCI Card. And Since you seemingly have no Budget limit, then SCSI For the Harddrives and RAID 5 them, Invest in a good SCSI/RAID Card.
Of Course SCSI is harder to setup in a Home enviroment, but IMO well worth it if you have the money.

SCSI Harddrives are designed to Work 24/7 Therefore lasting Longer then EIDE or SATA ones.

And Do not forget one thing (Actually two things), you better have One **** of a cooling system and One **** of a power supply for all these Expensive parts to preform Correctly.

Not to mention a Very Large and Spectactular Case.
I would pick from this site, they Carry alot of Server cases, and Alot of Extra large Cases.
www.sundialmicro.com

What? Most mobos have RAID 0,1,5, JBOD.

I never have my resolution set below 1600x1200... 'cept on my laptop which is always 1440x900.

The General said:
What? Most mobos have RAID 0,1,5, JBOD.

I never have my resolution set below 1600x1200... 'cept on my laptop which is always 1440x900.

Hrmm Guess I was Wrong, At any rate if you do buy SCSI Drives you will be buying a SCSI RAID Card anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom