Computer shows same screen at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjimenez101

Solid State Member
Hello every one,

I have a problem. When I turn the power on to my PC, I get the screen that says:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start succesfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut to protect your files and folders, choose last known good configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the power or reset button was pressed, or if you arent sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows normally.

Safe Mode

Safe Mode with Networking

Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Know Good Configuration ( your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

Now when I choose Start Windows Normally and Last Known Good Config. All is does is bring me right back to this screen.

When I choose Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with command prompt: I get some lines that look l;ike this:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\Windows\AppPatch\drvmain.sdb

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partiiton(2)\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\ACPI.sys

And so on, the whole screen then fills up with these similar lines, then goes back to the same screen that prompts me to choose one of the options.

If I can get some help Please I would really appreciate

1. Have you checked for viruses/spyware? A simple HiJackThis log will solve many problems. Download HiJackThis

2. Have you added any new hardware or software lately that may be unsafe, or drivers that aren't designed for your operating system?

No I have not installed any software nor any hardware lately. I can't even use HiJack this because I cant access anything on that computer. Remember that computer does not get passed the screen I mentioned. Windows doesn not get a chance to boot up.

Yes I have, and get the lines of code that I posted on my original post. Then after that It tries to restart itself then goes back to that same screen.

I take it you tried the last known good configuration option? if that didn't work then you may want to do a repair installation.

Yes I have tried that option, but get same results. I do not have any repair or restore disks that came with the PC. But I do have an unlicensed Windows XP CD that some one gave me once. This CD has been used to install windows before, can I use this to perform any kind of repair??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom