*new* wood case worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks chaps.

next update comes on friday, when i cut the other side, and i start to make cutting slots to house the bottom and back.

im not sure on the finsh yet, it will have green lighting, but i dunno wether to satin it with just a danish oil and leave it, its naturl birch look, or do it uber dark, almost aubigine/walnutty colour.

also i get to buy some more parts for my pc, im goin for silent, so seasonic 430w psu, silent case fans, and a load of dampaning fan thingys

yeah, the case would totally insulate the inside of the computer... i cant see from ur pic, what kind of wood are u using?

well i was gonna update, but my 6mm router cutter broke, so i have to get a new one, to cout all the grooves inside :(
the wood is brich ply, i was hoping for beach, but this is still fine, its really good quality wood for that matter, dosnt splinter of anything.

for the cad i used rhino 3d

lil update here, i routed grooves along the back and bottom, also up the front and a rebate along the top:
230905.jpg

i sliped in some scrap 220mm wide ply to see how it looks
231140.jpg

231058.jpg

i may do it a lil thinner, trouble is i want a decent amount of space behind the mobo, for the cables, and it has to be atleast 6.5" wide to accomidate my screen

very nice design! can't wait to see the finished article. ~suscribes to thread~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom