Installing Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarFreak1857

Fully Optimized
I'm trying to install windows vista beta2 on my 20GB partition. i burned the ISO file to a DVD and it works. when i try to boot from the DVD it doesnt work it goes straight to XP. but, if i run it in windows xp will it write over it or can i choose which partition to install it in.

~thanks

You can choose the partition to install it to. Would be kinda pointless for M$ to release this to the public without that option. ;) If they have that option back in 95 i think they would include it with Vista.

How did you burn the ISO. Nero works great for burning CDs and some DVD but they stink at burning ISO's.

Makaveli213 said:
You can choose the partition to install it to. Would be kinda pointless for M$ to release this to the public without that option. ;) If they have that option back in 95 i think they would include it with Vista.

How did you burn the ISO. Nero works great for burning CDs and some DVD but they stink at burning ISO's.

yeah i used Nero. i mean it works, i think its my keyboard. i had this problem installing windows xp, i slammed in a old ps/2 keyboard and it was fine. i'll try that and see. yea i know you can choose which partition to install it on but it said "upgrading to vista" i got a little suspicous. i'll get my other keybaord n see.

OK i got another question. Where can i find drivers for my mobo so i can get on the internet? can somone link me pls? i'm not sure which drivers to get for vista.

vista has troouble booting from dvd-rom. try booting it from your dvd burner or install it in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom