Wireless Router And Downloading Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamloco724

In Runtime
ok i just got and hooked up my new wireless router today its the ZyXEL X-550 XtremeMIMO Wireless Broadband Router..im having some problems i download using bittorrent and i had no real problems with my last router except that when i downloaded alot it froze up and got sluggish..now i did all the port fowarding and i started downloading and not only does it seem a little slower downloading speed wise but after a little bit i get disconnected from my wireless connection and all other pcs on the network do to then in a few seconds or min in reconnects and when it does my download speed gets superfast shortly after...what does everyone think the problem is and how can i fix it is there some settings i need to change..im not so smart when it comes to routers and wireless stuff..but i know to foward my ports and i did that just like i did with the last router..pleaseeee someone help i need to know if i need to return this router and get a new one

You need to check if you have the latest firmware. If the problem is with having the latest firmware then a tech support will ask you to replace the router or downgrade to an earlier firmware that is stable.

*Edit: You might also want to turn DHCP off, and just manually configure each computer the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway and DNS.

ok i upgraded the firmware and downgraded still same problemplease tell me in detail how to do the dhcp thing

sounds like your access point may have tossed in the towel. That doesn't sound like an ordinary software problem. As for dhcp, somewhere in the access point configuration there should be an option for serving ip address dynamically (dhcp), or turning off the dhcp server. Turn it off. Then go into network connections (windows machine, right?), and go to properties and TCP/IP settings and statically set your addresses. It's not a very graceful solution, but whatever gets the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom