is it worth getting the Zalman VF900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nukem said:
huh... now you even lost me... he's got a 7900GT... was GOING TO GET a 7800GS until they didn't have it, so he bought a new mobo with PCIe... now wants to put a VF900 on a 7900GT... and the X2 can go on the 7900 as well...

I was the one who made the mistake in a post about Acrtic Cooling. :eek:
well, I'm going to get the 7900 GT. I get paid on Thursday (the 13th), so I plan on getting it then.
aspire.comptech said:
Get the arctic cooling accelero, in testing it kept the card cooler, was quieter, and is 20 bucks cheaper than that vf-900.
was that in direct comparisions? if not, which sites are you comparing?
*edit*
okay, apparently, the Accelero X1 is compatible with the 7900 GTX, but not the 7900 GT.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/346

ok.. fine... going to... GOT... same difference! ;) it's soon to be yours... How about that. :D IMO I'd go with the ZALMAN.but as you can tell from the sig I'm partial to them... everyone of them I've had, has always treated me good with no problems. I've done 7 builds, all with zalman products. 2 with gpu's (both 700's though) but I have had Arctic on a few of the GPU's in my builds, and I liked them as well... So in other words... GO WITH YOUR GUT! (and your wallet) :D

From what ive read on reviews and head to heads of both hsf's they said that the accelero is quiet at all times, while the zalman in audible on the higher speeds.

okay, after googling around it seems the stock cooler isn't really that good, so I will probabbly get an aftermarket cooler of some sort.

the Accelero X1 apparently doesn't fit the GT's (but it does fit the GTX's, weird)
the Zalman VF900 is a possibility

are there any others worth mentioning?

*edit*
I will probabbly get the VF-900 with the blue fan, to match with my current theme:
http://pccasegear.com/prod3922.htm
it costs $58

currently, my CPU cooler has 2 x blue LED 120mm fans on it.

Forsa 7900 GT - $420
Zalman VF900-CU LED - $58

total = $478

There isn't any after market cooler right now for the 7800GS. Arctic is making a passive one to be out sometime in Aug, but that's it... Don't know why they had to make it so wierd in it's configuration... (Shrug)

I can't remember where I saw it but someone did make an cooler for it. It was literally a low profile cpu cooler and they fit a custom cut copper base to it for the ram... personally it looked gay as **** to me.. had this like 4 inch dang cooler on it that they couldn't put a pci card in the mobo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom