what really is the x800gto for agp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok so I was going to replace the stock hsf of my sapphire x800gto with a zalman vf900 and i cleaned off the gpu and it says x800pro pci express. Now should I flash my video card to a x800pro since thats what its designed to or to a x800xl since my video card has the same clocks but xl has 16 pipes. Right now I am using a modified x800gto to give me 16 pipes. So whats better? modded x800gto bios to 16 pipes, x800pro bios, x800xl bios.

Maybe im tired still or your post is really confusing. Your talking about a X800gto AGP in the title or X800pro? I believe you should flash it to w/e the chip says, or possibly try and flash it to what your running it.

Ive got a sapphire x800gto that says its really a pci-e x800pro on the core. Should I flash it to a x800pro bios, x800xl or leave it with my x800gto modded 16pipes bios?

well they are normally PCI-E chips with a converter chip to run it on AGP...

i think you should leave it with the normall bios, as it may mess up the converter chip thingy.

The converter chips are very picky, and are designed for one BIOS only as joshd says, I didnt realise that the X800GTOs were on a converter, but there you go! Dont bother with flashing the BIOS, i did it to my Sapphire X800GTO and it voided the warranty :( Just leave it, its a good enough card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom