The most insane build ever planning ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy the Wait for the Intel Core 2 duo x6800 like posted before. Will be around $1000. Get this and 4gb of ram put the ram on it, and put your os on it, and it will load in like 5 secs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815168001

Just buy 4x1gb value select ram because all 4 wont fit w/ heatspreaders on it.

EDIT: and only buy 2gbs of ram for the motherboard, anything more will just slow performance.

Aparently they are working on I-RAM 2. Supports DDR2 and increases the limitation to 8GB. Oh and also, it supports SATA II. 300MB/s transfers. :):):)

This all seems a little far fetched, but it's your money I guess. I mean, 5 grand on a PC is a bit much no? I will say though that the dell LCD a few posts back looks simply gorgeous. Another...quite off topic but anyway....a few posts back I came across, "ex*****ve". Anyone know why that was edited, unless the poster did it on purpose.

Figured out the puzzle. :)

Expensive. If you look at the letters that are blocked out they are "pensi". Can you think of anything inappropriate that you can spell with "pensi" that may have been caught by the language filter?

large lcd monitor would be not practical though. Guess maybe you're right. So getting a 21" would be enough for me what you say? If that's better, then i get something like that and the remaining will be spent for the whole rig. All new and customized..

Ridlyn said:
Buy the Wait for the Intel Core 2 duo x6800 like posted before. Will be around $1000. Get this and 4gb of ram put the ram on it, and put your os on it, and it will load in like 5 secs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815168001

Just buy 4x1gb value select ram because all 4 wont fit w/ heatspreaders on it.

EDIT: and only buy 2gbs of ram for the motherboard, anything more will just slow performance.

why would u need an X6800? the E6600 has same amount of Cache, and u can just OC it to speeds of a X6800, and that sjust on air cooling.

He wants the top of the top, let him have what he wishes :} Plus, yes you can OC The E6600 up to an X6800, but you can OC an X6800 even further than what it is ;) simple logic, ain't it? :D

-Jo.

Yoad said:
He wants the top of the top, let him have what he wishes :} Plus, yes you can OC The E6600 up to an X6800, but you can OC an X6800 even further than what it is ;) simple logic, ain't it? :D

-Jo.

Yeah, but the higher-end CPUs typically run hotter and don't OC as well. For example, you can OC a 3800+ to 2.7gHZ which is what you are going to get normally out of an OCed X2 4800+.

question: why are you spending so much on a gaming computer that will be out of date in the blink of an eye?

answer: because you can!!

conroe
couple of G80s
2GB mem
15k SCSIs in RAID 5
creative sound card
!!the usual stuff!! :)

also this makes no sense to me:
john3 said:
why would u spend so much an a monitor which would have less resolution, but since its so big u would need a really expensive card rig like x1900xtx in xfire to run it....decently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom