Buying a computer, and i need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurPEL

Solid State Member
I have a budget of i dont know how much, but my dad's buying it for me. I'm guessing about 700-800 dollars. I dont know if i should use a computer and customize it, or just build one. If i customize it I'll probably use a CybertronPC X-Cruiser ( www.cybertronpc.com ). Would anyone else reccomend (sp?) another computer to customize or good parts to build. thanks in advance for the help!

You should seriously look into building your own. You can build a pretty nice PC for $800, a lot better than if you buy one already built.

Those comps on that website look ok...but it's wasting money IMO. You could build a much better system for 800-900$. I just picked all the parts out for my new comp, and it's 859.99 with an OS. Of coarse i'm going to be using the 17" Crt monitor I dumpster dived for. and a keyboard mouse combo only like 15-40$.

PurPEL said:
I have a budget of i dont know how much, but my dad's buying it for me. I'm guessing about 700-800 dollars. I dont know if i should use a computer and customize it, or just build one. If i customize it I'll probably use a CybertronPC X-Cruiser ( www.cybertronpc.com ). Would anyone else reccomend (sp?) another computer to customize or good parts to build. thanks in advance for the help!

A really good place to start would be to do a search for the numerous other help me build threads and look at what people have done there. Then decide what you are going to be doing with the computer and go from there. A little reasearch will be so beneficial for you in the long run.

Not trying to hate but if you come to the table with something prepared then the people can critique your build and you can go from there.

yeah use the search.

basically, if your going with amd go with the am2. the prices are going to drop so either go with the 3800+ and overclock or the 4400+ because of the cache. Other then that i think the conroe is going to be a great deal with awsome performance.

OK thanks guys, but my dad decided he would buy me an Inspiron E1705 with a 2 ghz processor. I dont wanna hear that you dont think its good or anything, because thats probably what im getting. Today we're going to the Dell store. But really, thanks a lot for the help. If i hadn't already (maybe) chosen, i would now try to build my own, but i want a laptop, and those you cant build. I plan to use this website now for all my help. Thank you again.

I'll build my next computer, which i will make a desktop. It will be in about 3 years probably, so i will be older, and i will have a bigger budget.

All right, good luck with your Dell for the next 3 years. Don't worry, I had mine for 7 years without a problem :D

Well, Dell's out of the question. I went out looking with my dad today to lotsa places. One lady said to use an AMD Athlon 64, and not to use an AMD Turion. Also, a guy said to DEFINITELY get dedicated memory on the video card. I cant remember which video cards to or to not use. Can someone help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom