Just built my monstor computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke101

Beta member
Can I get some opinions from you guyss take a look at my computer specs. I dont have half the budget as you guys though

Gigabyte GA-M51GM-S2G Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

connect3D 3038 Radeon X800GTO 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Orleans 2000MHz HT Socket AM2 Processor

Kingston HyperX 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Unbuffered System Memory

2 - Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST340014A 40GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive

I only had a budget of $700. Do you guys think this build is worth it?

let me know what you think

not a bad job. do some googling as you may be able to unlock that card into the x850 if you are interested. if you have not yet bought these parts i would consider changing that 40gb hdd if you can get some extra money. 40gb hdd's are very poor value so i would look at getting perhaps an 80 to even 250gb hdd. also you should get a SATA drive instead of ATA/IDE. they have higher overall transfer speed and the cables are easier to use.

it is already coming in the mail..but do you think I can do better on the video card for the money i spent.

erm, we don't really consider that as a monstor computer.

[rant]that is uncalled for, not helpful in the slightest. the pc is his monster computer. my first pc was a p166MMX. i got it about the time the P3 was hitting 1ghz. not exactly the latest and greatest, did i care? no. no-one can deny the urge to take over the world one gets when they get a "new" pc of any sorts ;). besides it's what you do with it that makes it a monster. i know personally that all of my pc's outperform my friends P3 733, despite the next most powerful CPU i have from this rig is a K6-2 475mhz. [/rant]

sorry for that, i took that kind of personal because i've had people "diss" my old computer like that

the video card is a good choice especially if it can be "unlocked". all in all i think the rig is pretty good by choice of parts, especially seeing as you've avoided all the mistakes i've seen some quite experienced people make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom