The Conroe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much yet, will just have to wait for the release, as always, there will be the higher/lower end mobos better for various things such as overclocking. As far as i know people dont know much aobut them.

I'm hoping they are reasonable. that's a crucial piece of my build as far as keeping the price low.

john3 said:
yoad, i never knew of the shared cache thingy with the conroe, seems to make it even better in my eyes.

That is what makes the conroe a "true" Dual Core cpu, both cores are directly connected on die and sharing the same cache, unlike the current x2 and intel d's that are connected throught FSB bus and are just two seperate cpus that are barley in sync with each other.. also there was this other matter that was pointed out --if one core is required more cache to prevent an overload on it, it can now have it! On any dual core cpu you would buy nowdays each core has up to 2mb [amd has less] cache and thats it.... not very flexible or rather.. more restrictive if you like to multitask alot like I do :) .

-Jo.

Inferno said:
Haha, benny counting the chickens before they hatch?? I see you got your conroe setup already in your sig.

hahaha. you know it. It's pretty much like this...I know how much everything else will be...it's just the mobo I'm not sure about. hoping for an sli board for 130 maybe? :confused: But a conroe build is only like 50 bucks more than a SC from amd. I mean go figure. sooo much performance for just so little more $$$. I'll be building in mid august. If these new am2 are gonna be so great...maybe i'll stick with a sc am2 and then just upgrade next year. :cool: But yes i'm leaning quiiiiite heavily towards conroe. :p

PS I picked up the LCD already, as well as the headphones and some case fans for later. I must say the LCD is freakin sick. I love it to death.

im looking into building a conroe too..

but can sombody give me a link to a complete list of the conroe cpu's and their specs with an estimated price? if they have one, because im googleing conroe with not much luck.

GOOGLE. 6700 is around 540-550. (what im getting) 6600 is around 350 maybe more. i got the bad axe for my conroe (comes in tommorow) the asus and the gigabyte board are out also.

can i get a link to one of the conroe compatible boards, i keep trying newegg but people keep telling me the boards im picking out arnt compatible.

okay nevermind i got it, are the prices of the motherboatrrds expected to drop after the conroe is actually released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom