Widescree or Regular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blolodyfinger

Baseband Member
Widescreen or Regular?

What does everyone prefer? Is everything slowly moving towards widescreen? Just wondering because I'm buying a new PC soon and don't know which monitor to get!!:S

Wait....you mean PC, right? Not CPU.

Widescreen is generally preferred. You can watch movies in their original format. Things are generally moving that way.

i am debating the same thing and just wonder if the majority of my work is regular stuff will it look funny (not use the sides)

arctic388 said:
i am debating the same thing and just wonder if the majority of my work is regular stuff will it look funny (not use the sides)
if u think its funny, then its funny. if u dont then it doesnt. as long as it keeps the same proportion, it's all good i guess.

More space?

No, wider space.

Widescreen LCD = they can sell you a 19" panel and call it a 22"

Once you go widescreen you can't go back.... :(

4:3 monitors are looking more and more square. :confused:

But yeah, you dont get more desktop space, it just seems like there's more.

Edit: and I'm going to disagree with games, as a lot of games don't support wide screen, or you have to edit config files to get there. Combined with the fact that when playing a FPS on a widescreen its like you're wearing a sombrero and a face mask. Sure, it's wider, but you can't see up and down very well. I guess if you're playing Halo then it would be okay. :p (That's my little joke about console FPS's having flat maps because the controllers are such a handicap. :D)

Unless you use your computer for only watching dvds I would stick with a non widscreen monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom