sumik

In Runtime
My specs
P4 1.7ghz
1GB SDRAM
80GB Western Digital HDD
GeeForce 5700FX 128mb
unknown motherboard and PSU

So I bought 512 of RAM so I could have 1GB in totall and did format. After the format my comp is running sh*tty, like slower. Whenever I run Counter Strike 1.6 which doesn't need much it lags a lot, I get a lot of ghosting and lag. So I looked on the forums here and from sticky I downloaded the program MemTest. I run it and I can't even test my whole RAM because a Message pops out:

Your version of Windows limits the ammount of contiguous Ram a single program can allocate. You will have to run two copies of MemTest, and tell each to test 200mb of Ram.

Do any of u know what that means ? From what i figured out is that each program has a limit to using 200mb of Ram. Isn't that weird ? Maybe that's why I don't Bother to play Battlefield 2 on my machine cuz whenever i put it on it lags like crazy and i just turn it off and don't bother trying again for a long time.

Any help on this ?

First I would look into what type of MB you have, then see if it supports 1 GB of RAM, just to be sure. Thats probably not it but u should try, next tell me which ver. of Windows your machine is running, 98\2000\xp, home or pro. edition.

For the lagging, check your video card drivers

www.nvidia.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom