Funny Screen Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratbatblue

Beta member
The screen data for the in-focus window on my home-built computer has recently begun to scroll up and down completely on its own. It will either do this in fits and jerks, or it will scroll to the bottom and stop. When this happens, I am able to scroll using the mouse, but as soon as I remove my finger from the mouse, the screen will jump back to wherever it was when I began scrolling. It does this in all programs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the video driver, to no avail. The mouse is a wireless USB model, and I've reset the wireless transceiver, also to no avail. The mouse batteries are fresh. At first, rebooting seemed to clear the problem, but not anymore.

Now, here's the really weird part: I have a mini gooseneck lamp on my computer desk. If I switch it on when the computer begins acting up, the weird behavior stops immediately, and resumes when the lamp is turned off. I've tried moving the lamp to a different location on the desk. No help. I've tried moving the lamp's plug to a different socket in my power strip, also no help. Does anyone have any ideas?

Asus A8N-VM CSM
AMD 64 3800+
Antec Sonata case w/TruPower 380w PSU
Win XP MSE 2005
Corsair TrueValue RAM

first of all about the mouse, be sure the scroll wheel is not jammed.

and about the lamp, try to find a different socket in the room all together, it may be messing up the power from your comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom