Dual Gigabit

Status
Not open for further replies.
also if u have two internet connections (yeh ther may b some of u out ther) u could hook both up and use them at the same time
except it wqould probeblty be like dualcore processors
it would only be good for duin multiple things at the same time (on the internet)

Hehe it would cost me 400 a month for a 100mbit up/down connection.

I could get 2 of those and be a crazy hosting fool

back in the day when I didn't know **** about computers our family had 2 phonelines and during the night we would log on with 2 modems for a 112k connection. i have no idea how it was set up or what software we used though

If you can do it with modems then why not broadband

The reason they put those two LAN ports there is because the motherboard is called a LANParty, and thus, used for LAN Parties.

Other than that, dual gigabit ports have no real use, other than chaining another computer into an internet connection, which would still be pretty lame since the first computer has to be on for the other one to be able to connect to the internet.

See thats what i was saying, LAN parties. I have a LAN party, i would know. Also, 2 phone lines and 2 modems hooked up together to get faster speed is ISDN.

P.P. Mguire said:
It would be stupid to run 2 internet connections, actualy i think its impossible. Your browser woudlnt know which connection to use.

Thought you could set the LAN settings and which IP the browser used? Might need two different browsers though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom