Problem with ABit TH7 Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

TShyper

Solid State Member
Hello all

I have a old system (ABit TH7 II Raid) that refuses to load anything on the IDE 1 Channel, no matter what optical or hard drive i plug in, slave, master or cable select, it still does nothing. I have tryed disableing the extra Raid IDE Port but it still does nothing.... could it be a problem with the board or does it need a updated Bios? help needed please!

Cheers

-TShyper-

i tryed but..... becasue it will not load a hard drive on the IDE 1 Channel, i have to boot from the IDE 2 Channel and when i do that it does not allow me to add a CD Drive to it aswell, aswell as the drive being blank... i can not use it to instal XP onto it. is there a way to update the bios with a floppy or so?

You Have to use a floppy to update the bios in most case's. (newer boards alow you to do it in windows,,,Scarry stuff to me). Have you tryed another cable? and plug the hdd and the cd drive into the ide2 channel and use that. You can boot from ide2 as long as the hdd is master and the cd drive is slave.

well i will try it though the floppy disc, cheers... and i think i said it wrong. what i ment is that XP Setup does not detect a CD Drive during setup.

Updating the bios to the newest version did not work, although it did improve the loading of the drive scans. any other reasons that could cause it not to load form the channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom