Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee can someone say Codename Vienna?

Yes we all heard about this. The M$ insiders told us this would be worked on with Codename Blackcomb which was changed to Codename Vienna.
We all know already that Vista is the last x86 OS that M$ is doing. So whats left. x64 and multicore processors. Hmm i see the pattern...

EasyBCD is aimed at simplifying the way users can manage and modify Windows Vista's boot sequence by providing a visual way to do it via a GUI. It is the successor to the widely used VistaBootPRO, which was developed by the same author, NeoSmart Technologies.

The release of its beta version surprisingly happened a few days only after PROnetworks, the owner and publisher for VistaBootPRO, sent the developer a Cease & Desist notice for the above mentioned application.

EasyBCD has been written again from scratch, without looking back at VistaBootPRO, adding tens of new features, sporting a much cleaner user interface, and without its ancestor's bugs.

http://neosmart.net/forums/index.php?gettopic=81

oh my god, this post has to be the biggest pointless read of 103 pages of windows fanatics/windows haters having a war about total crap.

i like the screenshots and it looks cool but id stick with xp cos it costs way to much, shall we all stop slating each others opinion and wait till i comes out, then depending on where you like it or not, then you can decide whether to use it or not. simple as.

THE END

Who is slating each other!?
This thread is giving lots of information on Vista, if you dont want to know about it then dont bother to read and post. Simple as.

THE END

mikee said:
does anyone know how long vista is supposed to last before vienna comes out?

Codename Vienna isnt even gonna be started to get worked on till after Vista is released. Then it will start to get worked on and the Beta for it will be out probably a year or so after Vista gets released. This is how it used to be before. but since XP was released they have been lax.

So you can expect the first beats of Vienna about a year or so after Vista. the official release wont be till about 2010.

First off, tyler good lord duke nukem forever? tht game shouldve been killed before 3D. And MS is all about money, there is no reason for the eye candy and ill admit tht i wont even buy it till over a year and a half after it comes out. The hole thing is just bout money. As for everyone else the dam thing looks like it was stolen right off a mac.

Screenshots recently released have confirmed speculation that the Windows Vista "Scrap Metal" theme would not in fact be the final visual style that users without Aero Glass would see. The new visual style seems to resemble the Aero Glass style much more closely.

http://blogs.technet.com/windowsvista/archive/2006/07/06/440510.aspx

original.aspx

Microsoft has warned public beta testers to burn downloaded Vista ISOs to disc at speeds as slow as 1X or 2X in order to get a reliable burn.

It says a key reason behind installation failure of Vista is that many DVD burners cannot reliably burn a disc at high speed.

The interesting tidbit was included in the release notes for the interim update to Vista Beta 2 (build 5456.5; not publicly available) and sheds light on the magnitude of the problem of unreliable DVD burns.

http://www.apcstart.com/site/dwarne/2006/07/640/burn-slower-or-risk-data-loss-advises-microsoft

mikee said:
does anyone know how long vista is supposed to last before vienna comes out?
Back when Vienna was still called Windows Blackcomb it was expected to come out in 2010-2012 but just look at Vista and you will learn how unrealiable those numbers are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom