Video Cards....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idaman

Solid State Member
hay, im trying to decide which Video Card is bettr... a Radeon X1900 XT PCI Express 512MB DDR3 Video Card w/DVI-I & VIVO... or a Geforce 7900GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card .. I know that the Radeon has 512 mb , but not sure if the 7900 is bettr... let me know plz, thanks!

If I were you I'd get the 7900GT.

I have a 7900GT KO Superclocked (they are $288USD on NewEgg) and it plays Doom 3 @ 1600x1200 with every setting on the highest and I get like 80fps. I imagine with another 7900 you could get 100 or 110fps.

Then again, the x1900xt does have 512mb of ram, I just don't know how much that would effect performance over the 7900GT.

Just go with the 7900GT. It's cheaper, smaller, and nVidia. :D

Teach me the art of overclocking please, as id like to obtain such graphics : D

EDIT: forgot to stay on topic. If you want over all asskicking graphics with video games, then the nividia card will do fine.

If you want to make you pc into a multimedia machine, with tv, video editing ect. then the radeon is your man. My dad has a all in wonder from like yr. 2000. And it does just awsome for a multimedia computer like his. For watching movies, tv, editing ect. And it runs oblivion beautifully too. Supprisingly.

It makes me want to buy the old card for a build im doing later. :p

Well the X1900 XT is a 512mb card and the 7900gt is a 256mb card, both great cards for playing your games with max settings @ great frame rates. Basicly the only difference is the fact that you can run your textures on games a lot higher with better frame rates with that 512mb card, and the 7900gt will run your textures more than fine on very high settings with more frames than the human eye can see.

Both ATI & NVIDIA are great in terms of providing us with great gaming proccessing power. And of course the more money you spend on the card doesnt mean your buying that much more power. You can be spending almost 400 dallors on that ATI card for maybe who knows, 10-15 more frames on insanely high textures even though the human eye only detects something like 60 frames per second and just be more than okay with that 7900gt 256mb on all max setting and your eyes wont even notice the difference.

The verdict is that the 7900gt is the ideal card for gaming over that x1900xt if you dont want to waste a extra 100 dallors for more frames that your eye cannot even notice or if u want to have your textures maxed out completlyand run fine. Though the ATI card is better performance wise. I mean dont get me wrong that x1900xt (ATI) has some higher benchmarks in different areas because the core clock is @ 625MHz than that 7900gt (EVGA)which is @ 580MHz, but your spending more money than what you should for little performance increase. If you have the money of course go for the 512mb card. Keep in mind NVIDIA has better benchmarks with games that run heavily on pixel shader as ATI sometimes does not. :)

My advice go for the 7900gt you will be playing your games with maxed settings at great resolutions with at least 60 fps and higher. Also check out benchmarks on websites and all that jazz, thats more proof on which is better. Research and find out for yourself.

Judging from your other thread, wait until you get a new PC before a graphics card like one of these.

well you see, im getting a vid card for games that are going to come out, therefore, there gonna need a higher reqs. so imma go with the ATI so i wont have to update as soon, thanks guys, i appreciate it!

nah i got a pimp comp, i just needed an opinion on my video car to put in, cuz i just built it...

nice one chap, whats the full spec of this system?

Think im abit like you, ive got the system, just my graphics card letting it down a touch, but i dont really game much at the moment anyway

Ya, man go with that ATI card for future gaming because many games that will be released in the future will look very nice with maxed out textures. Ands make sure your system has at least a gig or ram if not more, and a good cpu, id say over a amd athlon 3500+ or so should do the trick. Other than that, the x1900xt will handle the future games to come just fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom