is it worth getting the Zalman VF900

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much of an overclock would you expect it to get (roughly) with and without the VF900?

I also looked at the Arctic Cooling Accelero X1.
has anybody had any experience with it?
it is less expensive than the VF900 (AU$39). but how well does it perform comparatively?
P.P. Mguire said:
I would get it. Unlike some of these guys i know how you like to OC things. A 7900GT is very OCable but you will want to OC it more. Since that is alot of money to be throwing around i say get it. I played w/ alot of Zalman Fatal1ty coolers today (CPU and GPU) as well as a couple of the VF-900s and the 900s kick arse big time. The Fatal1tys are cool but MEH. I only like the mice and thats it. Anywho, i say get it and ive known your OCing habbits for a while now. (I believe you where the one OCing the TNT2 right?? lol)
yeah, I pushed the bejeeses out of that TNT2.
stock 3dmark01 score: high 900's
overclocked 3dmark01 score: over 1600

The arctic cooling is passive, so I would exspect the temp drop to be less depending on your system cooling. on my card with the 700 my average temps were low 50's idle 80's on load... WITHOUT the 700

With it now I have 39/40 idle and 70-73 load but I can't say about the 900... hope it helps.

Basically when you Overclock with the stock your looking at 60 idle and about 70 80 on load. Well thats with the 7900GT KO's

My 7900 GT is heavily Overclocked from 550/790 to 680/907.

3DMark06 stock: 6419
3DMark06 Overclock:7174

Idles at 40 C and never goes above 50.

Absolutley love it :)

Get the arctic cooling accelero, in testing it kept the card cooler, was quieter, and is 20 bucks cheaper than that vf-900.

Shoot, made a little booboo there.

Didnt notice you said GS AGP

Im not sure, but i dont think it fits unfortunately

Looks like your sol on the arctic cooling until they come out with a new one.

huh... now you even lost me... he's got a 7900GT... was GOING TO GET a 7800GS until they didn't have it, so he bought a new mobo with PCIe... now wants to put a VF900 on a 7900GT... and the X2 can go on the 7900 as well...

I was the one who made the mistake in a post about Acrtic Cooling. :eek:

Ok lol, got a lil confused there. Running on 3 hours sleep cuz of the pirates of caribbean movie and early morning swim practices.

SO yeah, get the accelero cooler for the 7900gt, Itll serve you very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom