1.5 GHz processor for HP 8765C

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLUE

Baseband Member
I recently bought a new game that requires minimum 1.5GHz Processor AMD athlon (mines 900GHz AMD), I'm putting max RAM 1st to see if it will run but is there any different types that won't fit or will any AMD Athlon 1.5GHz work, and is it worth the trouble? I have all the other requirements..... Thanks

Well you dont have a 900 Ghz processor lol, did you mean 900 Mhz?

but yea how much ran does it ask for? and how much do you have?

all you need to do is get a new cheap cpu and you should be fine. just meet the requirements. sorry if this wasnt much help your question dosnt make much sense to me.

Yeah mines 900MHz AMD haha! it says I need 512 MB ram, so I went and ordered (2) 256 MB chips for it, which is my comps max. I havent't got them yet. Says I also need the 1.5MHz processor will that be much of an improvement for like (220$)? Or should I just see if mine will run it with just the 512MB Ram?

okay thanks for rewording it lol

well how old is this computer youre running? seeing asthough your max ram is 512 its probably pretty old im assuming. Is there any chance you could just invest in a new computer?

if not and you just want to play this game, then dont jump to any conclusions just yet. wait for the ram to come and try it out. see if it will run. Im pretty sure it will run it, because processors dont have much to do with gaming.

if it dosnt run well with the new ram, i would not buy a new processor if i were you. i would buy a nice video card, with a nice video card you will surely be able to play the game, spending a fraction of the cost of a new CPU.

Thanks for the advice, I have a video card for it (GeForce FX 5200) Game says it supports the FX series. My comp is year 2000 or 2001 Hewlett Packard 8765C, so I'll try it when i get these ram i ordered like an hour ago 1st. Hopefully run, and make my older games go better to.

okay. well if you have a 5200FX then it will most likely run fine. as far as your computer goes, im surprised that it only supporys 512 mb of ram. how much are you currently running?

2 128MB... My buddy gave me one of them, so I am hoping these 2 256MB's resolves some retardeness issues with it as well. It's SD RAM , also, know any good updated video drivers that might better my card?

well your garunteed better performance with the new ram. but as far as drivers go, just go to the nvidia website and download the most current driver for the fx5200

if you are thinking of playing the newer games then your computer is below most minimum specs, so id think carefully about saving for a new one, but if you only want to play this game then it should be fine, i recommend an upgrade is in order! =)

i beg to differ on "because processors dont have much to do with gaming", i had my P4 clocked in the range of 1.5GHz and CS:S ran like CRAP, i put it back at it's noemal 3GHz and it ran great.

In my personal opinion the CPU has alot to do with gamin and i would say alot of people would agree with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom