Video Cards....

Status
Not open for further replies.
mophead740 said:
thats wat im getting at 2
OCing is not easy

...Unless your're not worried about breaking something. If you have the money. Just mess around with it for a while. You'll eventually get it. :D

AnthraX said:
...Unless your're not worried about breaking something. If you have the money

theres the problem
i am worried about breaking somehting and
i am a teenager i dont have that sort of cash lying aroung

aliasaid said:
the x1900xt is overclockable as well...

It also has Dual-Slot cooling and costs $70 more.

If you compare the high overclocks of both cards, they end up around the same. Note that a 7900GTX is slightly faster than a X1900XTX, and that an overclocked 7900GT KO SC surpasses a 7900GTX by quite a bit. You'd have to overclock the X1900XT a fair amount to get it up to the 7900GT's level. Yes, its that good.

yeh but not everyone is confident enough to OC and also that requires better cooling, and if your isnt adequate then u hav to shell out again

If someone isn't confident enough to move a little slider from left to right, then that sucks for them. You don't always need better cooling when overclocking. Even if you do, a $30 aftermarket cooler isn't going to take the price of your videocard up to that of the next best thing.

OCing is not easy

You obviously haven't overclocked then.

mophead740 said:
i am a teenager i dont have that sort of cash lying aroung

Same with me, and yet I held the record for the highest overclock of my processor on this forum for a while, before people with more money moved on to bigger and better things.

OCing is easy to do. But being good is hard. I think that's what he was getting at there.

BTW, what was the "highest overclock" you had?

You dont need to be good to move a video cards clock slider over some. If i was a n00b id rather save and move my little slider before my warranty is up and learn and get better.

Actually now that I think about it, it was second-highest. 3200+ @ 2.7Ghz. That was way back when people on here actually had 3200+s. They've all moved up since then. I think only Gaara had it higher with a 2.8Ghz OC. But he got one of the earlier, better ones, so no fair. :p

Since then, I've got it as high as 2.85Ghz stable, with 55*C load. I don't run that 24/7 though. Its 2.6 for 24/7.

aliasaid said:
you're talking as if overclocking potential is guaranteed.

It is the extreme exception when a very nice overclock in not obtainable.

But not overclocking at all, inexcusable in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom