Problem With One Of The Drivers???

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for ur help guys... doing it like preet2u said would take ages as it only restarts after 6-12hrs but i might give it a go
i did format my hard drive twice and it still does it...
all this started happening when i insalled my new 120g hard drive, but after i did pulled it out and restarted comp it did it again after few hrs... so i guess that is not the problem or???
only other thing i can do is what preet2u told me to do...

1. Remove all installed PCI cards .. Boot up ur machine ..see if u have any issues.

2. Now put in the card's one at a time ...n' switch on the machine ..again check for problems.

... or any othe ideas as i dont realy want to play with all the cards...

CHEERS

I would look into a more powerful power supply. maynot have enough juice. if thats the case, it WILL restart like that. guess you could try a bios flash, but my money is on a inadequate power supply.

thanks killian45 asi said i did pretty much everything that i could... power supply souns like thing to go. so that is what i does? u thing it sould fix the problem... why does it tells me in microsoft help page it is one of the drivers?

CHEERS

do u think i could be something as simple as a extra fan?
y would power supply fix the problem when it was working fine until couple of weeks ago?

CHEERS

What i suggested earlier is the ideal way to pin point what the problem ... If ur too lazy to do that .... then it's gonna be difficult to help ya .

U haven't listed ur hardware ... so i can't even tell u which would be the most likely device to cause problems .... My first suspect would be an internal modem.

Finally ... Before u go ahead n' change ur PSU .. check the power consumpsion of ur system .. Powersupply Calculator
BAsed on this u can decide ..on the kind of PSU u need

preet2u its not that im lazy :) (maybe sometimes)... but been very busy , work, kid, ...
will check like u said... will do modem first.

CHEERS AND THANKS HEAPS

preet2u i just updated my modem driver and it updated it from soft56??? to softv92smartspeakerphone modem, hope this was the problem... will leave it overnite and see what happens.

ps. how come it was soft56 and now this softv92...???
i did a formating two weeks ago and updated all the drivers???

CHEERS

XP by default installs drivers for some modems ..which it assumes are compatible ... Most of the times these drivers work pretty fine ...But then some times they cause problems ...

That's y ...it's alwayz advisable to install drivers that are made by the manufacturer of the device .. as to using the other compatible drivers.

if none of the driver updates dont work (sorry, wasn't here earlier). the reason a power supply can do that is due to demand overgoing the supply. For example, a new hard drive, probably faster RPM and probably other nice quirks added to speed it up. Well, this all takes some extra boost to work it. If the supply of power doesn't meet the demand, then you get a hard failure, the system recovers itself by shuting off and restarting. 'course, could be the power supply is getting old. but yes, normally when you install something new (and HDD are HUGE power hogs. Not the biggest, but still substantial), and next thing you know you have intermitent shut downs, then its a very good possibility that your psu isn't adequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom