SATA Hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikkiaz

Beta member
Very recently I bought SATA Hitachi 80GB hard disk.
My machine motherboard is MSI VIA - P4M800 + 8237R chipset based.
Bios is phoenix Awardbios v6.00.
When I plug my New SATA disk and try to boot with Win Xp, at the begining
of black screen No hard disks were mentioned and lastly came a message
before boot from cd saying RAID - No device found, Non RAId - HitachiXXXX
Then boot from CD and finally came a message saying no hard disk found.

Before start to boot from CD when I Use Tab, there was a message in
red colour saying Notice, No adequate disk found. Under that my hard
disk veiwable in channel 1 .

My bios doesn't have an option of SATA or RAID.

Please help me to install my SATA disk. What can I do?
I don't have a floppy drive.

is xp already installed on the machine? if not(like you put it in to install xp on) use the xp disk, and there will be an option at the bottom of the screen to install any scsi/raid drivers. also is there a bios update, or do u have a cd that came with the hdd? how many other harddrives do you have. i just went over the specs on ur mobo, and it should support it (heck i need a new mobo, might get this one, dam kid dropped a paperclip in it, and fried half of it, only takes 256mb of ram now, 1 pci slot(for internet) fried onboard audio, one usb port, processor only runs at 1.3 ghz now instead of 1.8, hd light dont ....well its off now, only supports 3 on ide now, and only the cpu fan works, both case fans r dead now)

Like BMX Said you should have a drivers disk for the raid drivers my MSI mobo came with a floppy disk for raid. fust hit f6 when the windows install disk prompts you and put the floppy in and let it run.

Thanks for the reply. I have a harddisk ( IDE ) also, but I don't won't to use it anymore so I unplugged it. There is afloppy disk came with the motherboard. Is that what you mean? I have downloaded a driver files from the manufacture site. Can I use it via a USB flash disk or write into a CD instead of a floppy to Use in F6 funtion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom