PCIe 1x slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukem

Where am I again?
I've done a little research, but until recently with GPU's... what else can you use a 1x slot for??? I have yet to see any cards that would fit?? Anyone know more about this? I'm just curious since I have 2 slots onmy mobo, but really don't know what the h3ll they are for! LOL (Shrug) :confused:

In doing some googling... I found that "they" were working on something along those lines, but I guess it never panned out. but I do think their might be something out there.

We should all watch out... "they" might be watching... lol

I was at work, so the number of pages I go to I have to keep to a minimum... last thing I need is to click the wrong link and have a popup with tits on my screen... lol

I found basically nothing for a search with 'PCI express x1 sound card'... I would have tried more, but I was 30 minutes from the end of my shift.

So theres special cards for this slot? You can't throw in a regular sound card and a networking card?

I thought if i put my pci cards in those slots, it would make them perform faster. (Im buying a mobo with a pcie 16 for my vid card, then it has 2 pcie 1 slots, and a pcie 4 slot?) So those slots other then the 16 are useless to me until further technology made just for it is released?

Can't put a network card in it and make it go 4times faster, or whatever?

the problem with that is the slot in only about an inch and a half long...so you have to have a card tnat will fit in that slot... hence why I was asking....

PCIe x1 slots are really wat a lot of people would call "future" slots
not many maufacturers want to jump the band waggon and start manufacturing the cards untill they no they will make money out it
that said compro and one other major brand will soon be releasing tv tuner cards for this slot

so they made this technology, and now its taking up space on my new mobo. And its apparently useless... Except for a few cards that will be released later.

What a waste of technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom