G80 taped out with 32 pixel pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn't it? If new models coming out didn't drop prices of previous models, we'd still be paying 400 bucks for a Geforce 4 MX440.

MEH. SOmebody said 96pipes before and i shouldnt have ****ed my panties. All well. Im happy w/ my newly aquired X1900XTX. It just means ill have to get a new board thats all LOL. 120 is cheaper than 600 right? BTW, ya'll, im from Texas too. Wheres my 50 cows? Idk what im saying, im tired.

Sometimes prices don't drop though. 6800gt's, 7800gt's and gtx's are still extremely high. In fact aren't 7900gt's even cheaper than 7800gt's on most sites right now?

But yeah, overall though prices do drop but I woudln't expect a major one.

these graphics cards sound mighty good but wen direct x 10 comes out wont e all need an upgrade to run it anyway?

No, because G80 and R600 are going to be compatible to run DX10. Also, you dont need a DX10 card to run DX10 games, only to use its great eye candy.

oh ok fair enough

... a new understanding has risen from the depths
or maybe i just ask too many questions?

You DO need a DX10 card to run DX10 games.

If the game is being run in DX9 mode, then it loses all that makes it a DX10 game, and you should not say "I'm running DX10 without eye candy."

DX10 capabilities are far above those of DX9, though its going to be a while before we see them exploited fully. Still, there is much more to DX10 than eye candy, you can look around to find out more.

I'd rather run Crysis with all the publicized DX10 features than the older DX9 capabilities.

P.P. Mguire said:
MEH. Somebody said 96pipes before and i shouldnt have ****ed my panties.

Didn't you think, "Hmm...96 pipes...likely or not?" That would've saved you from ****ing your panties.

You dont need a DX10 card to run DX10 games. The crysis video was proof in its own and it looked good enough for me. Also, dual core w/ 48 pipes each is very likely so i didnt know what to believe. And ****ing my panties was just a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom