Resolution Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trepkos

Baseband Member
I am currently operating on a 24" LCD Flatscreen Monitor.

My video card is a 64MB Geforce4 MX420. Is there anyway I can change the refresh rate of my monitor to accompany a higher resolution then 1024x768.

Unfortunately I changed the resolutin on a program which caused the screen to black with a 'Out of Range' message, leaving me unable to change back the resolution. I remember there being a certain tag you could add to the target address of a .exe file's properties to alter the resolution without booting the program?

Can I get some help?

Refresh rate has absolutely no effect on LCDs; LCD pixels are either on or off - they are not scanned, and do not refresh. Specifically what application are you attempting to run?

Are your video drivers installed? Get the new ones at www.nvidia.com

You just need to crank up the resolution, right click on the desktop and go to properties, then go to the settings tab and drag that slider all the way to the right.

If there is no refresh rate on LCD monitors, than why am I getting a 'Out of Range' message when I increase the resolution.

I changed my resolution to 1280x960.

Bam, insta-headache.

And the program is a game, so as soon as it boots up I get the 'Out of Range' Message and I am unable to do anything to change the resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom