How do I get Win Amp to play Dvix Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Some how I am have managed to configure Win Amp to play DivX Avi Files. I have done this by some fluke on both my PCs. I am not sure how I have don't this as my flatmate wants to know how I did it.

The reason is that Win Amp does allow me to queue up media files, where DVix does not.

I am currently using winamp291_full and DivX Pro 511.

I think it all depends on the version of winamp you are using... i am using Winamp 5 and it has a built in video player... all you have to do to get it to play divx is install the codecs as it automatically supports .avi files... I am guessing that your version of winamp supports avi files... so you need to check if your flatmates does or not... also he needs to install the codec... though i suppose that is obvious

Am not really sure what you mean though as my winamp always plays and enqueues divx files... with no special configuration!

perhaps the files he wants to play are not divx5... make sure he installs the divx3.11 and the divx 4 codec as well as xvid and mpeg4

I've pulled a "Homer"

hygor said:
Am not really sure what you mean though as my winamp always plays and enqueues divx files... with no special configuration!

Basically, both my system defaults for AVI file playing is via Win Amp.
In a way, this is cool at is does means that I can queue up and play lots smaller AVI files.
Eg. Star Wars : Clone Wars with their 5 minute episodes lenths. Or Battle Programmer Shirase with it's 12 minute episodes.
It's really nice to be able to queue up and sit back on my bed and watch and not have to get up every single time the episode finishes. Over all, I love it!

I am just trying to repeat the mistake that I have done twice but with out any idea of haveing done it. :confused:

As stated earlier, I am using both winamp 2.91 full version and DivX Pro 5.11.

so will it not work at all on your flat mates puiter? Has he tried enqueuing avi files? Is his version of winamp the same as yours? has he installed divx on his puter?

hygor said:
so will it not work at all on your flat mates puiter?

Yup. He finally did the smart thing and finally excepted one of my PC quotations. (Which I am have been bugging him to do for years)
It's nothing fancy, but it's as follows :-
AMD ATHLON XP 1800+
256 Mb DDR Ram @ FSB333
Gigabyte GA-7XTH+ Motherboard
Seagate 40 Gb @ 5400 RPM Hard drive
nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440 64Mb Video
BenQ 52x CDRom
Acco Midi Case with Carry Handle
Win Xp Pro with SP 1a

hygor said:
Has he tried enqueuing avi files?
Yup, no joy there.

hygor said:
has he installed divx on his puter?
Yup. And it's the same version and source file as mine 2 PCs.

hmmmmmz i will have a little explore on this older version of winamp and see if i can come up with a solution for ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom