need big help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafunkmon

Baseband Member
turns out i have a very limited budget! so i was wondering if you guys can set me up with components to build a computer that can play games but for no more than 400 to 700 dollars(preferably around 400 dollars) so can you guys set me up with a good upgradable mother board, processor, ram, video card just to upgrade this computer sony vaio ...thats all i realy need but if could you also(if you guys can) set me all that up with a psu, hard drive, case, disk drives for less than 700 dollars? to build my own computer?

ohh that would be tough. i dont have much time but i could set you up with some basic guidelines. go with the 3800+ since its prices will be way down soon around 160. then a 60 dollar 160 GB HD, a 6800 GT vid card and a motherboard of your choice. that should set you around 400

oh and of corse ram. it is going to be kindof hard to set up a gaming machine for 400. i would say minimum will be around 500 to play recent games.

500 sounds reasonable, but i have trouble knowing what kind of mother board is rite for upgradability and affordable. Cant you suggest a good motherboard?

The following should get you started.... $492 (before shipping) for everything but Case, motherboard, Keyboard, mouse & monitor

CPU - AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice - Socket 939 - $109
RAM - Image Viewer OCZ Premier 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR400 - $84 ($75 with mail in rebate)
Video card - 3D Fuzion Geforce 7600GS - $122
Hard drive - Seagate Barracuda 160GB HDD 3.0GB/s - $65
DVD burner - Lite-On DVD+/-RW IDE with Litescribe - $42
Power Supply Antec TRUEPOWERII - 430W - $70

Cases - HERE is a list of ATX cases under $100... there are different options you can pick and choose... 120mm fans will be quieter than 80mm fans, and will move more air.

Motherboards - HERE is a list of motherboards that will work with all of the devices I listed above.... for your info, get a mobo that has:
&nbsp&nbsp - Socket 939
&nbsp&nbsp - ATX form factor
&nbsp&nbsp - DDR400 RAM slots
&nbsp&nbsp - SATA 3.0G/s ports
&nbsp&nbsp - PCI express x16 slot

ethereal.. for pretty much teh same price you can get AM2.. maybe even cheaper... why do you stick with 939? he said he wants upgradeable...

here's a good build.. since you're on a budget, i'll use a single-core cpu, but if you wait a couple of weeks, you might be able to get a dual core cpu for only a few dollars more..

cpu AM2 3500+ Orleans $115

MSI K9N Neo-F socket AM2 motherboard $77

WD 80GB HD SATA3.0 $43

Antec Sonata 2 Case + 450watt antec smarpower PSU $100

eVGA 7600gt w/ $30 MIR $165

pqi POWER 2 X 1GB DDR2 SDRAM. w/ $10 MIR $130

NEC DVD burner (they say NEC is good.. ) $35

total: $664.39 - $40 mail in rebate = $624.39

+ tax + shipping.

give me your zip code and i'll tell you how much shipping will be. if you live outside of california/new jersey/tennesee then you pay no tax!!

i didn't include an operating system since you didn't ask for one.. i'm assuming you already have monitor/keyboard/mouse/speakers.

again, in like 2 weeks you'll probably get for the same price a dual core cpu.. the X2 3800+ (you linked to the single core..)

so this one.. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103735

also if i do decide to build my own computer, what would be a good cheap monitor? and how does a wireless router work and will it work if i already have high speed internet on one computer? what will i need exactly? and finally if i do buy a operating system should i wait for vista? will a operating system come with other programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom