Gaming PC, need help please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

Solid State Member
Sup all, I live in Canada, i got a 2000$ budget to built my first gaming PC, i got no idea what to buy or what to get. I just want a PC that can run HL2 at the max and the future game like UT 2007. Anyone could built me a PC with a screen(LCD),keyboard,mouse included for 2000$(canadian). It would be very helpful cause in a big noob when it comes to computer hardward.

Thank you, sry for my bad english.

ya you can get a great system for $2000 everything included.

do you want to build the computer yourself? that will be the BEST option for best value. its not a big deal, must read a couple of guides, and read some manuals.. piece of cake ;)

where in canada do you live? do you want to buy parts from a local store? or do you want to buy parts from an out-of-province store and save the PST? there are pros and cons to both.

do you have a computer store in mind that you want to do business with? or just anyone with the best prices?

do you also want an operating system?

edit: since this is a high-end system, i recommend you await the release of conroe and decide on your build afterwards. if you like conroe, you can go that route, or if you don't, you'll be able to take advantage of AMD's lowered prices. you can do research and stuff in the mean time, i believe less than 2 weeks until the launch of conroe. so no big wait.

I live in Quebec, and I would buy the part from a local store and built it myself.

Thanks

hey, watsup, i live in Toronto, and im also going to buy myself. This is a list i made up for myself, and adds up to $2000 i blieve.

• Antec TruePower II 550W Canada Computers - $110
• MSI K8N Neo4-F- Canada Computers - $97
• Western Digital Caviar 7200.8 SATA 80GB – Canada Computers - $60
• Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste – Canada Computers - $10
• ViewSonic VP930B 19" LCD 8 ms – Canada Computers – $400
• Western Digital Raptor 36GB –Canada Computers- $124
• Opteron 165 Dual Core 1.8GHz –Canada Computers - $380
• Logitech X-530 5.1 –Filtech Computers – $45
• Logitech G5 –Filtech Computers- $50
• NEC 3550A – FilTech Computer - $40
• OCZ DDR500 Platinum XTC 2GB – Filtech Computer - $260
• Saitek Eclipse – OTA PC - $59
• XFX GeForce 7900 GT KO 256MB –Filtech Computers - $352

dont mind the store names, its just so i no where im buying it from. but those parts do add up to $2k I believe.

EDIT: Prices may vary there, but it wont change by much.

Instead of John's 2 hard drives, I would put the cash toward just 1 250-320GB hard drive. If 10k rpm drives aren't put in raid, the performance/price ratio is not good enough to justify buying it, ESPECIALLY if it the 36gb drive.

Chip said:
I live in Quebec, and I would buy the part from a local store and built it myself.

Thanks

you have your local store's website?

anyways, john's build is pretty good, but definitely wait until conroe is released so you'd at least save some $ if you go AMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom