im getting no sound from my intel d865gbf

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidp423

In Runtime
Ya, im not getting any sound from my onboard sound... heres teh motherboard i have:
http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d865gbf/index.htm

i installed the (#4) sound driver from here:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go!

i hooked up my front panel audio header thats on ma case and i can get sound there, but when i hook up to the back (on the motherboard) i get NOTHING!!!!

my system stats are:
intel d865gbf mb
2.8 GHz CPU
256MB ram
64mb video card

am i using the right drivers or what....someone help me...

thanks for looking...

try unplugging the front panel and see if the back will work..

if it does then its probably the way you're connecting it..

aliasaid said:
try unplugging the front panel and see if the back will work..

if it does then its probably the way you're connecting it..

ya i already disconnected the front, but the back still dosnt work.....

i kinda had the same problem, k what you do is, uninstall the driver for the sound. then go to your manufacturers website, get the driver for the mobo, install it, THEN isntall the sound, restart and see if it works.

john3 said:
i kinda had the same problem, k what you do is, uninstall the driver for the sound. then go to your manufacturers website, get the driver for the mobo, install it, THEN isntall the sound, restart and see if it works.

i dont get the part where i get the driver for the mobo, then install the sound..... isnt it the same thing... or is the mobo driver seperate....
wait or are you talking about the bios update....

Make sure the on-baord audio is enabled in the BIOS. If I'm not mistaken, the audio will be produced from the header on the mobo if the on-baord function is enabledor not. You should find that in the BIOS under "intergrated peripherals". Otherwise, MOBO is the issue.

john3 said:
no, ok what model is ur laptop, and which company? ill get u the link.

I think you are looking at the wrong POST. It's a D865 Intel desktop board. Try what I suggested above.:amazed: :confused:

RicoDirenzo said:
Make sure the on-baord audio is enabled in the BIOS. If I'm not mistaken, the audio will be produced from the header on the mobo if the on-baord function is enabled or not. You should find that in the BIOS under "intergrated peripherals". Otherwise, MOBO is the issue.
ya, i enabled the sound in bios but theres still no sound...... ya the post sounds still come on and the little system beeps from the header on the mobo, but so sound in speakers or headphones through the jacks on the mobo....... the front audio panel works though but not the back thats on the mobo.... anything else?

thanks for the help so far though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom