Gateway appear Offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohdfairul

Beta member
Hello!

:( I have problem with my Internet & need help for it as i'm not a computer savy. When I try using to use the MSN, I cant login and 'Gateway appear Offline' message appeared. I still can surf the web sometimes but sometimes page not found. There is no problem when I'm using other users account. Its only affect my account as the Administator account.

Looking forward for your kindness help....:)

Log onto your Admin account and try to ping the default gateway.
To find out your default gateway, click start > run > type "command" and hit enter. Then type "ipconfig" and hit enter. Your default gateway will be listed.

Then type "ping x.x.x.x" (where x = your gateway)
Post the results here. Sounds like a firewall problem to me.

COmmand Prompt Close

Hi!

Thanks for the reply. When I run the CMD it appear about 1 second even less & auto close....

i occaisonally had this, it was most prominent when I used wireless to access the router, though not always. Even though i couldnt sign in because of an offline gateway pings were always succesful, sometimes a winsock reset and reboot solved it, other times I just had to wait for it to start working naturally.

Re: COmmand Prompt Close

mohdfairul said:
Hi!

Thanks for the reply. When I run the CMD it appear about 1 second even less & auto close....

Sound like a spyware/malware issue + network issue that might be caused by the malwares.

First try cmd.exe to see if you can open up command prompt or go into start/program files/accessories

Have you tried running any spyware/virus check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom