Quick RAM Help Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fidelitycrisis

Solid State Member
alright i have two 512 sticks of ram that i am replacing one 256 with.

whenever i start up my computer it doesnt boot Windows and brings up a blank screen whenever i try and enter my bios

now if i were to take the battery out of my motherboard with the two 512mb sticks in there would it reset my bios and allow my computer to work for my computer

like i said whenever i turn my computer on with other ram, that is fully compatable, it doesnt book anything, just does the initial memory test

i have an ABIT VA-10 motherboard

Try with one stick, then the other. It could be that somehow one of them is bad. If both work individually, put one in at a time and run MemTest86+ on them.

no ive tried that

ive tried every combination possible, and the ram is good its worked with other computers

It won't boot with your old ram in now?? Try clearing the cmos/pull battery for a few minutes. what kind of ram are you trying to use? You said fully compatable ram, If it isn't fully compatable it won't work!

no it boots with my old ram fine

the other ram is corsair 512mb sticks pc 2700 with the exact specs as the ram thats already in there, i checked it out before i bought it.

it only doesnt boot whenever i put anyother ram in

i onyl have 256 in right now

i was trying to replace that with two 512 sticks

but it wont let me boot up the computer

thats why i was asking if me resetting my BIOS by taking the battery out would make my ram get picked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom