conroe release moved forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nukem, I just realized that the parts I just bought for a custom PC are almost exactly the same as the one described in your signiature, minus a few here and theres (I've got a different case, and no aftermarket cooling for the processor or video card). Just a question, if I'm aloud to go off topic, how does that rig run for you? If you could, would you change anything? Lastly, noticing that you do have aftermarket heatsink/fans on the processor and video card, would you suggest them as necessary to run, or just necessary to keep noise down?

Eh I have 750 to spend on mobo ram and Proc.

Im getting the E6600 then 2GB of some OCZ DDR2 800 and then a nice motherboard wich I havent decided on yet.

I still got to get around to selling evreything else (Ultra-D Opty 175, 2GB G.skill RAM)

Which will be better if I am on a budget? 6600 or 6700? I know there is a .2GHZ difference, but I want to know if anyone knows the overclock potential. All the benchmark was done with a 6700 which I saw could hit 3+Ghz on watercooling. Do you think the 6600 would be able to do the same?

If I remember correctly, the E6600 and the E6700 both have 4MB of cache. So if you overclock it .2Ghz then they'll be the same cpu except in name.

Unless the Core2 Duo really faulters at release, I would say that the only people who will be buying AMD's are AMD fanboys. AMD will not be able to drop ALL its processors to match Intel, and the ones they are doing rediculous price drops on will be in part because of the small cache on the chips.

cedjunior said:
Unless the Core2 Duo really faulters at release, I would say that the only people who will be buying AMD's are AMD fanboys. AMD will not be able to drop ALL its processors to match Intel, and the ones they are doing rediculous price drops on will be in part because of the small cache on the chips.

Not until the faster Am2 Cpus come out. I wouldn't really care because I need a computer ASAP. Currently using the shuttle I built for my dad. And he's nagging me about giving it back to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom