building

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley88

Baseband Member
Mourning Fellows

shoot i thought i was ready to order this computer , but i was reading the posts on this site about RAID and Hard Drive

i want a good swift comp. , that will run air simulations games
Cfs, cfs2, Jane ww11, USAF,CFS3, NASCAR and such.

well anyway i going to attach my list and hope that you folks will go through it and advise.

i have only one hard drive , will that do. and i am worried about if i am getting a good video card.

well what about taking a gander at the list and let me know something.
thanks much
harley
have not got memory on list. Crucial 1GB 2x512 DDR

Attachments

• hijackthislog.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 39
Processor, Hard Drive, and DDR Memory are nice and fast. Also you have coupled them with the fastest graphics card on the market so you should have no problem playing flight sim games.

I used to play them until my dad's friend bought a helicopter, so I just go up in that these days.

Me and helicopter pics

EDIT: I am the one with glasses (too many years on computers), my brother is the one without glasses :/ My mum is the female :p and my dad's friend is the pilot (John).

Kangaroo

thanks for the reply, shoot those are some fine pictures.

are you taking any kind of lessons on piloting, or do you plan to?

i am just a pc dumb old man trying to pick out parts to have a computer built, and everytime i get ready to hit the order button i notice something that dont seen right.

i am still confused about hard drives so here gos.
whats the diff. in these two (SATA 150, ATA100)
WD 80GB IDE ATA 100 7200RPM 8MB/WD800JB
WD 80GB SATA150 7200RPM 8MB/WD800JD.

Sharpnil said something about the SATA was hard to deal with, anyway i was getting ready to order up a Seagate 120G IDE ATA100 7200RPM 8MB, and got to thinking would it better to put two smaller hard drives (80GB) or one (120GB).

dad burn if i know what to do , i just want the right HDD for the rest of my stuff.

help me out if you can
thanks again
harley

i read maximum pc and they had this spd trials kind of test... their benchmarks proved that SATAS are faster than ATA :D so dun bother about that... but of coz, later prog would make use of the SATA more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom