Upgrading a dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

LU4sTrooper

In Runtime
Hi guys, I need something clarified :D

I have 2 rigs, the one in my sig, and a sideline dell computer (dimension 4700) which is around a year old, it's currently running with a 3.0ghz P4, a Radeon X300 (yuk yuk yuk) and 1gig of ram (2x 512mb DDR).

I was thinking of fitting it up with a 7600GS so I can have 2 rigs capable of running games well, but I was wondering whether it's possible to upgrade Dells, or if they have some things in place to prevent this.

Cheers for any help :cool:

I don't know if you will be able to upgrade or not...because Dell doesn't use "stock parts" that allow for upgrades. Don't waste your money upgrading the dell anyway, in my opinion. Save it up for your next upgrade to your other. much nicer computer.

it'll upgrade... I've had to do it at work, but I agree... better to wait for your own system than to upgradeand waste the money. cause by the time your ready to build, there is all this new stuff out that it would be almost shameful to put the older parts back in. :p

Ok thanks guys, I know it sucks, but I can grab a nice cheap and cheerful card just to get it upto scratch, it'll just be used for some light WoW playing etc so I wont be spending too much cash on it :p

I'll open her up later and have a peek...

Thanks

u have a PERSON telling u a different THING ( not people, not things) on the rare ocassion is an upgrade working ona dell, if u read previous posts, you will see the stuff some members had to go through for just a video card, one guy had to completely replace his computer because the video card f'd it all up. and another tried installing a new gpu and it didnt work, so then he changeed the cpu, which didnt work with the motherboard, so then he had to change the motherboard. anywayz, im not here to tell u wat to do. just go ahead, if it works out, thats great, if not, u've been warned.

I've put a 6600 PCIe in that slot with no problems... just have to have the admin types install it... But who am I.... I'm not promising anything...

LU4sTrooper said:
Hi guys, I need something clarified :D

I have 2 rigs, the one in my sig, and a sideline dell computer (dimension 4700) which is around a year old, it's currently running with a 3.0ghz P4, a Radeon X300 (yuk yuk yuk) and 1gig of ram (2x 512mb DDR).

I was thinking of fitting it up with a 7600GS so I can have 2 rigs capable of running games well, but I was wondering whether it's possible to upgrade Dells, or if they have some things in place to prevent this.

Cheers for any help :cool:

Yes...best upgrade for a Dell is a pound of C4 and an open field!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom