Memory virutal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogerio

In Runtime
Hello, my pc has 1.024MB RAM and i would like to know if i need memory virtual or dont, if dont what i need to do to disable this option.

I ll appreciate everyone for the reply..
Thank you!!!

You do need it because windows uses it no matter how much ram you have.
You can however force windows to use a minimal amount of the page file by setting the following reg keys

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]
"DisablePagingExecutive"=dword:00000001
"LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000001

Thank you!!! give some advice then...i let no paging file,system managed or custom....?

I personnaly use a custom fixed size page file i.e. the min and max size that same, this is to stop the situation where a variable sized page file becomes fragmented and increases fragmentation of other data on the drive. Very important to make sure the size is sufficient though, use the performance figures in the task manager to assess usage.

can someone help me out with this. i wanted to make the minimum and maximum sizes of the virtual memory file identical so if i have 1536mb in my maximum i just put that much in my initial size? is that right?
thx

Rook1e said:
can someone help me out with this. i wanted to make the minimum and maximum sizes of the virtual memory file identical so if i have 1536mb in my maximum i just put that much in my initial size? is that right?
thx

yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom