Is water-cooled THAT good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tommycompton said:
ya paint in your water pump yup that sounds like a good idea:rolleyes:

Hmph, flame first and THEN check out the facts?....

Haha, I like ya, you remind me of myself :cool: :D

Yoad said:
Hmph, flame first and THEN check out the facts?....

Haha, I like ya, you remind me of myself :cool: :D

yup, thats what i do best. i always thought it was a dye additive, not a type of paint.
when my coolant runs out i was planning on the racing formula with additive, you can call me stupid if its paint.

You guys keep on saying that liquid cooling is still noisy which is semi-true. Instead of having 5 case fans you only have one large 120mm fan that moves slowly. The only other factor is the pump, but if that's seated properly it won't give you a problem. I have mine sitting around some foam and I can't hear a **** thing. One other advantage about having a waterblock vs. something like a Big Typhoon is that the water block is much lighter and less awkward than a hige heatsink and fan like the Typhoon. A waterblock puts a lot less stress on the motherboard compared to the Typhoon.

Yoad said:
To the question, yes, car coolant is usualy higher quality [depends on the brand though of course] and less toxic by far because its mass product and no body wants to mass produce a dangerous poision to enviorment :) .

Sadly I dont think there is a UV reactive one, but you can add some UV reactive paint to it maybe, i dont know :D

Well it's usually a bright green, and I bet it would show some results under a blacklight.

EDIT: Also, I don't really see the need for watercooling. To the one who said it's cooler looking; not to me. I like the look of LED fans, and most of all, a clean - empty looking case. I don't like having a bunch of 3/4" thick tubes everywhere. There's also the problem of having to do a lot of work to work on your computer. Like me, I like to tinker on my computer a lot. I dunno, if I see like a wire out of place, I have to tear it apart and fix it...or something like that.

I guess watercooling just isn't for me. I get very good temps on a simple, stock, AMD HSF. I'm sure watercooling would lower my temps more, but really, that is nothing a better air-cooled rig couldn't do.

I also don't trust watercooling. I listen to my music very loud, and I have a pretty nice sub and good speakers. My computer is on my desk, and so are my speakers, so that makes a lot of vibration. Vibration loosens things, so that means overtime the connections could get loose and fail, causing my components to get ruined or damaged. Sure, I could tighten the rigging every now and then, but that's hassle.

you may not see a big difference between w/c and a quality air hs
during idle, because you are still relying on the ambient room temperature, but its under load and/or when increasing core voltage during an overclock that you see the biggest gains with w/c.

tommycompton said:
yup, thats what i do best. i always thought it was a dye additive, not a type of paint.
when my coolant runs out i was planning on the racing formula with additive, you can call me stupid if its paint.

It actually is a dye additive. It's not paint like you'd buy at Home Depot/Lowe's.

we know, I just mispelled it first and said you could buy a UV reactive PAINT instead of 'Additive'

BTW Don't use distilled water ... use car anti freeze low tox car coolant [AKA 'Green water'] <<< That ROCKS distilled water and doesn't create germs colonies in you're radiator. :)

-Jo.

Actually, from what the testing says, distilled water offers the fastest flow rates, and the quickest heat dissapation. And a simple 3 dollar bottle of Hydrx additive prevents bacteria growth, and makes it look cool.

Also, unless your like spitting into your loop, you shouldnt get any bacteria growth. Constantly flowing water, in a closed loop with minimal sunlight and oxygen is already very prohibitive towards bacteria growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom