firefox is rubbish??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric i do know what you are saying. Same as your Mr.Coffee. But you also have ot realize that Firefox can be tracked just as easily as IE. I have personally done it. Just as i have traced IE tracks. they are easy and simple to trace.

Plain and simple Eric i dont know what you are talking about with the ISO thing. I have a fully ipdated system and i work with ISO's all the time. Not 1 single problem. I even did download 5456 from torrent to see if there was a difference from the official release and i was able to manipulate the ISO easily. Why is it you cant? Maybe cause they know you have a porated version?

So please dont try to ply that whole They are watching us game. You are the ones feeding that. **** even Apple has got a monitor comeing out that can record what you do as you are doing it. Are they watching us now too?

As Warez said how many times do we have to go over this. Everytime someone even says that Firefox sucks all you fanboys jump over them like Pirana's. But if you guys say IE or something else sucks we aer just supposed to take it. Meh. Who cares. Each browser serve's a purpose for each person. Heck even i use Firefox for somethings. Get over it. It isnt the best out there. The best is what each person makes it. [/B]

I have a legal vista OS and media center (I got a license for 10 computers with the vista beta)

the only reason opera and safari is safer than firefox is the the same reason FF is safer than IE. less people use it. if more people use it, it gets less secure. period

what was doing IE in (making people hate it), was the fact that for years it was an exploited system and they didn't care. they would not even address the issue.

then firefox came out. people flocked to it. then ms got jealous and started addressing IE issues. so you IE lover need to be grateful. FF made IE a better browser.

I don't really care about which browser is best. 4-5 years ago, I was using netscape 6 and 7 because it was the safest browser out then. I use to use opera 6 back then but it sucked. it couldn't load have of the internet pages out and it was already out 5 years (so those bugs should have been fixed already). it was only good for going to crack sites and not catching viruses

the problem with netscape back then was it would take forever to load. I was wanting something better (mozilla was out then but it was ugly, so i didn't use it), but there was no better. then ff came out. finally a safe, fast browser. it's also customizable. I been hooked ever since. whenever an issue come out ff will fix it. IE and opera didn't do that

I don't care that people say ie and opera is faster and safer. I have an amd 3700, 4 gig ram 1000 gig hdd machine with pci express capture and video card, so speed isn't a issue. they (other browsers) didn't work straight out the box at first. if opera is better now, it took them 10 years to get there. the same with IE. ff worked straight out the gate.

yes it's has vernernablities (I'm using opera 9 right now. where's the spell check? I wanting to see what the fuss is about. I tried a couple months ago (8.23) and didn't like it. that's just my preference) every browser does. even the ones that you guys think are safe. in 2001 I got a virus from browsing in IE and it ate everything on my hdd (it said my system would self destruct in 5,4,3,2,1... and it did)

there is no need to get mad, if some people don't like others browsers

the best browser is the one that you are comfortable with. nuff said

this sound like a which is better "dvd-r or dvd+r" war. who really cares?

ps. I wasn't talking about iso's. I was talking about nfo files and rar files

I was downloading power iso, google earth (among other thing) of a torrent. I couldn't open them in the window's updated MCE 2005 or vista. I could open them on my 4 other computers or when I rolled back mce 2005

you guys can think that ms has stopped their tracking, that on you. they stepped up their track. that's xp and vista are resource hogs.

but i don't want to get into an argument about that. because some people think that ms doesn't track and others know that they do . you can delete ff track rather easily. you can't IE's or windows

EricB said:
I have a legal vista OS and media center (I got a license for 10 computers with the vista beta)

the only reason opera and safari is safer than firefox is the the same reason FF is safer than IE. less people use it. if more people use it, it gets less secure. period

what was doing IE in (making people hate it), was the fact that for years it was an exploited system and they didn't care. they would not even address the issue.

then firefox came out. people flocked to it. then ms got jealous and started addressing IE issues. so you IE lover need to be grateful. FF made IE a better browser.

I don't really care about which browser is best. 4-5 years ago, I was using netscape 6 and 7 because it was the safest browser out then. I use to use opera 6 back then but it sucked. it couldn't load have of the internet pages out and it was already out 5 years (so those bugs should have been fixed already). it was only good for going to crack sites and not catching viruses

the problem with netscape back then was it would take forever to load. I was wanting something better (mozilla was out then but it was ugly, so i didn't use it), but there was no better. then ff came out. finally a safe, fast browser. it's also customizable. I been hooked ever since. whenever an issue come out ff will fix it. IE and opera didn't do that

I don't care that people say ie and opera is faster and safer. I have an amd 3700, 4 gig ram 1000 gig hdd machine with pci express capture and video card, so speed isn't a issue. they (other browsers) didn't work straight out the box at first. if opera is better now, it took them 10 years to get there. the same with IE. ff worked straight out the gate.

yes it's has vernernablities (I'm using opera 9 right now. where's the spell check? I wanting to see what the fuss is about. I tried a couple months ago (8.23) and didn't like it. that's just my preference) every browser does. even the ones that you guys think are safe. in 2001 I got a virus from browsing in IE and it ate everything on my hdd (it said my system would self destruct in 5,4,3,2,1... and it did)

there is no need to get mad, if some people don't like others browsers

the best browser is the one that you are comfortable with. nuff said

this sound like a which is better "dvd-r or dvd+r" war. who really cares?

ps. I wasn't talking about iso's. I was talking about nfo files and rar files

I was downloading power iso, google earth (among other thing) of a torrent. I couldn't open them in the window's updated MCE 2005 or vista. I could open them on my 4 other computers or when I rolled back mce 2005

you guys can think that ms has stopped their tracking, that on you. they stepped up their track. that's xp and vista are resource hogs.

but i don't want to get into an argument about that. because some people think that ms doesn't track and others know that they do . you can delete ff track rather easily. you can't IE's or windows

http://www.opera.com/support/tutorials/opera/spellcheck/

apokalipse said:
firefox doesn't depend on extensions. you can install it and leave it as is, and it will still be better than IE

yea I agree with you. Also, i prefer to use firefox because when you type a letter in the find option, it will search for the letters that you wrote before you complete the word. Whereas in IE or opera you need to write the full word and then you need to click find, and that waste you a lot of time.

Okay Eric i understand fully what you are saying now. It was a mis-communication what you were saying before. At least i must have taken it wrong.

But as i have said and a few others it all comes down to preference. I use Opera mainly. IE7B3 for some stuff. I also use Minefield (Firefox 3.01a) for some things also. It just depends on what i am doing and what browser i want to use. Opera with its built in RSS reader makes life easy for me to get news. IE7B3 makes it easy for me to browse the M$ sites and get the new betas. Minefield is getting better with each nightly build and will rival to be one of the best browsers on the market when it gets released sometime next year.

Other than that i cant argue. Each browser serves a purpose. Each person will pick what they find the easiest. To each their own is the best thing to say in this instance. There will never be a definate dominate browser out there since there is the choice of which browser to use.

firefox is very flexible though, e.g you need to use IE to surf a particular M$ site then there is an extension that allows you to open an IE tab within firefox.. Course I don't bother with it, just load IE. Point being I don't think there is another browser that has so many extensions creating so much functionallity.

The main problem I have with IE & IE based browsers is that I don't trust microsoft. Microsoft have no respect for peoples privacy, them don't even seem to think that people have a right to privacy. Add to that the fact that most M$ products are massively over bloated (I expect deliberately so to fuel the upgrade cycle) and buggy...

Finally if you know of any significant privacy issues with firefox please post an link or describe them as I'm not aware.

there is one thing that I hate about ff. if you reinstall windows, you tend to forget all of the extesions that you will install. I going to move my application data folder to my second partition to see if it will fix that

EricB said:
Log in to each account and drag its Application Data folder in Explorer from C:\Documents and Settings\log-on to X:\ log-on (again, where 'X' is the partition's drive letter and log-on is the user name). Now select Start, Run, type regedit, and press <Enter>. In the left pane, navigate to and select HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre
ntVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders. Double-click the AppData value, change the 'Value data' field to X:\ log-on \Application Data, and press <Enter> (see FIGURE 1). Log off and then log in to the same account again. Now delete the Application Data folder in the old location.

Eric to fix the problem within Vista and the nfo files get DamnNfoViewer. Taht application is what i use to read all nfo files. It even works within Vista.

As for the Rar files have you tried useing one of hte newer Beta Builds of WinRar. That is what i use and i have not had a prolbem within Vista yet.

Makaveli213 said:
Eric to fix the problem within Vista and the nfo files get DamnNfoViewer. Taht application is what i use to read all nfo files. It even works within Vista.

As for the Rar files have you tried useing one of hte newer Beta Builds of WinRar. That is what i use and i have not had a prolbem within Vista yet.

no I haven't. I'm try it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom