Help with CPU Cooler for Overclocked 478!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socket Z

Beta member
Hi,

I am running an over-clocked 3.6Ghz P4 Prescott Socket 478 and my CPU cooler has packed in.

There aren't alot of these coolers about and I was wondering if anyone could maybe post some websites or name a cooler that works really well for the 478.

Thanks

ZALMAN 7000 site right on top of the CPU and cools it down very nicely. but not all coolers that sit in the bracket actually fit snug onto the chip, hence why I suggest the zalman

curtcheese64 said:
I think the Zalman 9500 has the mounting hardware for socket 478.

it does, but unless you have the room for that monster it won't fit. Most proprietary boxes don't. Hence why it was suggested with the 7000 but arctic cooling does put out a decent cooler for them as well...

As long as any one you get does not fit into the bracket like a stock cooler, as I stated before, you should be fine. (I burned an older chip my kid has before I realized that the stock was not touching.

I Wouldn't suggest a zalman 7700..... got for a sonic tower or tuniq tower or scyth ninja. they are all basicly the same just from diffrent brands and maybe a bit diffrence in the design of the fins and the dimensions.

i'll list the links from the best on my opinion to the worst out of those three.

lTuniq Tower
Scyth Ninja
SonicTower

Hope this helps,

-Jo.

P.S.

Reason I wouldn't suggest a 7700 is because I had bad experience with one, and my hand will remain a little scarred for a long while, if you get my point... lol

Thanks for all your advice its much appreciated! I am going to consider all these options and buy one this evening,

Pro Advice ;-)

Andy

Nukem said:
it does, but unless you have the room for that monster it won't fit. Most proprietary boxes don't. Hence why it was suggested with the 7000 but arctic cooling does put out a decent cooler for them as well...

As long as any one you get does not fit into the bracket like a stock cooler, as I stated before, you should be fine. (I burned an older chip my kid has before I realized that the stock was not touching.

My bad. I didn't know that he had a prebuilt machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom