Possible build

Status
Not open for further replies.

M733mhz

Daemon Poster
A friend of mine might be building a system soon and he threw together this list of parts, I'm gonna post this here because I figured if anyone knows cheaper or better parts to use, it'd be you guys. So here's the list and if anyone has any suggestions or notices compatability issues then let me know, thanks a bunch.

DFI LanParty UT RDX200 CF-DR Socket 939 ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 CrossFire ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail - $ 164.00

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 2000MHz HT 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - Retail - ?

LOGISYS Computer CS888CL Transparent Computer Case Pre-Assembled With Side Panel Window - Retail - $64.00

Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3250824A 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM - $90.00

Also, All the missing parts, he already has.

If you want until the end of the month you will probably find a dual core 3800 for cheap... I also would sugect the same HHD but in Sata. a little more expensive, but beter xfer rate, and quicker load times. you might want to also make sure he has a gooe PSU. Something in the 400W range at least. depending on his video card.

Yeah, He's got a good vid card and PSU if I'm not mistaken. I'm thinking of telling him to get the Asus A8N MoBo too because I'm gonna be the one building this thing and from what I hear DFI motherboards are a pain in the *** to set up.

I have that exact CPU. I got it for 100 dollars new from NewEgg. I would personally get the 3700 because of the 1mb l2 cache. But it is two times the price.

It's probably a generic one, it's coming out of a stock HP, but it's running an ATI card,a P4 and whatever else he has in there.

M733mhz said:
It's probably a generic one, it's coming out of a stock HP, but it's running an ATI card,a P4 and whatever else he has in there.

Whoa!. Stop everything you know thats a proprietary Component, Specialy designed for HP Computers. I have heard horry stories in which people have Fried their Motherboard and other Components because the tried to use a power supply out of a Prebuilt.

You can try to use it, But I reccomend against it. And even if it does work, Its still generic and that means its a POS. So tell him that before he uses it.

:confused:

Well yeah but it should be fine, I'm using a 350 watt pulled from an E-machines of all things in my computer right now so that should be a little better.

But eMachines do not use any proprietary parts, that's why they are decent for prebuilts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom