HEY NEED HELP P4 vs AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinlos

Solid State Member
I was wondering wat is the difference between INTEL P4 and any AMD processor and which one do you recommend is better and why?

First, tell us what you plan to do with the processor. In MOST cases with the current processors out, AMD is a lot better. Especially for gaming. Just like Microsoft_Boy said, get an X2 3800+ if you can afford it.

hey guys im back

but check this out bro you asked a simple question
P4 v.s AMD

AMD rocks the living crap out of P4. so just go with amd on that one

i would like to point out that a) AMD is a manufacturer not a processor and b) p4's come in 4 different cores and span from about 1.3ghz to 3.8ghz.......talk about ambiguous. no offence to the original poster as you are asking based on your knowledge.

in general with AMD you get more for your money (at the moment) especially when it comes to gaming. it is not a matter of Athlon's being better than P4's because i can guarantee you a 3000+ doesn't stand up to well against a 3.8ghz P4. it's the fact that AMD offers power at a lower price and does offer several models that are superior to anything Intel currently offers in desktops.

AMD for gaming, Intel for encoding video.

But with Conroe set to debut in a week and a half, it will be worth it to wait and see if the hypw is actually right or just hype.

Thanks guys. this is very good help. i didnt know that AMD was a manufacturer not a type of processor. So which processor is betta than a 2.8 P4

AMD's numbering tells you. They named their processors according to how they scale against the P4s.

3000+ = 3.0 or better
3800+ = 3.8 or better
5000+ = 5.0 or better

Since Intel is dropping the P4 line, the numbers won't mean as much anymore.

You should wait for Conroe to come out and legimate testing to take place on the new CPUs to decide on your choice. In addition, AMD is planning a major price drop of up to 45ish percent on some of its CPUs like the 3800, etc, etc...If Conroe can live up to the hype, then it will probably be the premier line of CPUs for a while, both for gaming and working with media.

Thanks looks like i am goin to get a AMD Athlon 64 3800 soon as the prices drop. thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom