Win Xp Pro Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
or bus IDE controller issue. like before, different MDB may require different MB controller drivers. PCI bridget, AGP, IDE controller, etc. most windows tend to load generic MBD drivers and some manufacturers dont like that very much. check the MBD site and look for mainboard drivers, bus master drivers, IDE controller drivers, etc...

Well--I finally figured out what was wrong. My IDE controller was bad. I don't know whether to cheer because I figured out what was wrong or scream because it was something fairly simple.

lol... course, could of been ANYTHING, heh. Of course, I did mention several times... PRAISE BE ME! Just kid'n

actually, have run into this problem before on gateway computers. the system was running chkdisk and the FAT and system files were truncated and crosslinked. then on boot would look up, even in safe mofe. only could get to command prompt (winME... yuck). thought, yeah sure... Ill let scandisk fix the errors (like that REALLY works), and sure enough it booted to safe mode... although SLOWLY... so, went and pulled the PCI bus to resinatll everything (started as it locking when installing/detecting vid card) and the initial boot was fine... after it detected some of the system info (think it was PCI to PCI), rebooted and WHAM.... lock up. So, BACK to safe mode. Checked DM and noticed something weird. The HDD had the controller listed as 'generic' and drives as generic. So, copied the PIIX drivers into the win directory, ran the setup for the 4 in 1 installation, pulled the PCI bus and voila. 3 1/2 hours of my life wasted on that call. Thanks GOD I'm not in phone support anymore! It's a wonder what having a cert can do. Now sit in a office and do... NOTHING! God, life is goooood. Unless a network station breaks down, router needs configuring, or have to write a CIMbasic script, VB or VBScript.asp... its like getting paid for siting at home. Heheheh.... yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom