Run Vista only, no XP ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumik

In Runtime
Can I run Windows Vista Beta version only ? Cuz I'm close to finishing my new comp. Or do I have to install XP and then Run Vista Beta installer ? Also what's the date for release ?

yes you can run vista alone, boot from the dvd, if you don't have a dvd drive you can install xp and run the vista installer. Don't know if you can run vista alone for sure then as there is no upgrade option. No release date is set for sure but corporate editions are set for late 2006 and home editions early 2007(january)

So if I format the comp, I can install it, right ? This will b my only operationg system ?

yes, if u boot from the dvd u can format the hard drive and install it to that drive it will be your only os.

Be farwarned. Vista is a BETA OS. NOT everything will work. Also if you are a gamer then you will ahve problems as PunkBuster doesnt recognize Vista and you will be kicked as it thinks you are cheating.

Also there are ony a couple of AntiViruses that install. I think only 1 firewall that installs. So you have to rely mostly on M$ stuff with Vista.

Being a Beta i wouldnt recommend using Vista as your main for these reasons. Driver support is poor let alone software support.

NVIDIA & ATI currently have Vista driver sets. Avast the Antivirus of choice on Vista right now. I have run Adaware and spybot with no probs.

There are definite limitations though, most but not all Wireless network cards seem to be supported.

I recommend perusing the Technet forums to get technical answers:Micros*ft Technet Forums

Expect your machine to use about 400 megs of RAM while idle, w/ about 42 processes running.

So far my personal opinion is that MS has a long way to go before Vista is my default OS. For all the visual stuff you might as well get WindowsBlinds.

Lol, I already have windows blinds and setpoint for my logitech mouse.
other than that I'm running 20 processes in task manager, nice :)

So you are running Vista and Windowsblinds? Why?

No, I replied to the post above that with Vista supposedly u will have like 42 processes running
And on my windows xp I have 22 processes running currently

Yes Vista does have more processes running than XP does. It takes more processes to run the new search function and the Glass effects. So you will notice that Vista has more processes running than XP on a bootup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom