No input on 2nd Monitor. Need a 2nd Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakstate

Beta member
So i built a pc with this graphics card in it, an xfx geforce 6600 pci-e
http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=306714

And recently bought two Sony 19inch flat screen monitors for it, got the neccessariy adapters and set everything up. Nvidia software managed to co-ordinate the two monitors fine.

But i've noticed in somegames the card comes up with the message 'had to reduce power to card to keep optimum performace' etc etc. And NOW sometimes my 2nd Monitor has no input and randomly decides to accept a video feed. i switch it on and it says theres no input but there is!

Now im hoping it isnt that particular LCD screen, tired it with a diffferent pc, works fine.

From what i can gather im having a guess at the following diagnosis and solutions

- Buy a cheap 2nd graphics card for a PCi slot and run 2nd monitor from that (around £10). Let games and 3d intensive apps run on the 1st monitor. Nvidia's drivers should be able to handle that?

- Buy a 500 Watt Power supply (i have a 450 watt at the moment)

- Look into replacing the LCD screen or buying a new graphics card?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated :)

I would think it's a possible problem with the PSU. What kind of PSU is it? (besides 450W... who made it?)

JeanTech i have no idea if they are a good company or not. What do you think?

It has no direct power link to the graphics card as it's not needed (apparantly) because ive heard some graphics cards have that.

I've never heard of JeanTech. I would buy an Antec Truepower2.0 at least 450W. It sounds like the card isn't getting enough power, and not having a reputable powersupply could be the problem.

I will thank you, but i dont have alot of spare cash at the moment. How sure are you that that will solve the problem?
Im avoiding running any games on it at the moment and cut all the fancy Windows effects down just to be sure.
Very grateful for the advise you've given me though, i'll looking into getting an Antec or a Thermaltake, maybe around the 650watt mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom