Is water-cooled THAT good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAIT, car antifreeze coolant does a better job than regular or uv coolant?

and water cooling isnt silent you still have fans for the radiator guys,
unless you have a zalman fanless external tower thats the size of the empire state biulding....

Water Cooling is hardly ever silent. Currently my pump which isnt a shitty one at all the laing d5 makes a quite audible hum. However i find it sounds better than the much louder sound of multiple 80mm fans.

It also eliminated the noisest compnent in my pc case (gfx card hsf)

And lastly for whoever said that even the worst water cooling is better than the best air cooling, your dead wrong. Cheap kits are horribly notorious for failing, and or producing worse results than air cooling.

All that aside, I totally dig my new loop, and it really helps complete my system.

Did you get that gel pad for your pump from Petra's? Just wondering if it would help dampen the vibration.

The Important thing with Watercooling is that you still need fans to cool everything else that Doesn't have a water Block on it, Whether it be quiet fans or not you still need some airflow in the Case. I think thats most overlooked, people assume that with water cooling you need no fans and everything will be fine.

At least thats my opinion On water cooling.

To the question, yes, car coolant is usualy higher quality [depends on the brand though of course] and less toxic by far because its mass product and no body wants to mass produce a dangerous poision to enviorment :) .

Sadly I dont think there is a UV reactive one, but you can add some UV reactive paint to it maybe, i dont know :D

my 'cheap' wc system (coolermaster mini80) keeps my x2 on ice! im gonna get rid of it in the near future though... the fan that is on the radiator is noisy as heck. i'm gonna get cpu/gpu/ram/hd coolers and have a fanless radiator. then we're talking silent. w/ proper wcing, all u really need is an intake and outtake fan running on low. or, like me, an intake, a blow hole (right near the psu) and a fan on ur radiator blowing out the back. if i turn all my fan controls on low, my hd's sit at 29*C and my cpu @27*c while playing hours of quake 4 :)

tommycompton said:
ya paint in your water pump yup that sounds like a good idea:rolleyes:

they make uv paint additive for coolant, specific for cpu moding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom