AMD Dual-Core optimizer Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only difference I noticed, was that there was no overspeed, and as such I didn't need to change the affinity, I haven't noticed an increase in quality, (san andreas), I usually pull between 60-100fps, so I might have a check and see what I'm getting now if you want?

Charlie -

Mmm i love having double topics!! Search please! Anywho, i saw this on AMDs site about a week or so ago and got it. Dosent do me much justice so i said the **** w/ it. Ill use my dual core for DVD encoding.

well I tried it out and using the two benchmarking programs I have availible right now, cs:s stress test and lost coast stress test I found my framerate dropped by about ~15FPS...mind you my results are skewed as the restart also happened to update my forceware from 84.something to the newer 91.33 so that might explain that

either way I'd probably need to test it in something like FEAR or quake4 as those are "optimized" for dual cores...however I will say this is NOT reverse hyperthreading and looks like nothing more than a modification that improves task managers ability to balance and schedule specific threads to cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom