AMD Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDiceman

Space Ninja Pirate
Yup, I am just full of questions today =) but this is my first build so please bare with me.

I am looking for suggestions on a 939 AMD compatible motherboard with a Nvidia chipset, SLI is NOT important to me, I would like something that could handle a FX or dual core for future upgrades. Overclocking ability is not of immediate importance, but it is soemthing i would like to do in teh future. As far as price goes... I woudl like to keep it under 150 if possible.

DFI Lanparty Ultra-D

122 On newegg, known as one of the best OCing board around, and a great overall board.

I own it as many others do.

Just curious, why 939. The End Of Life (EOL) is already scheduled and it will be phased out over the next year or so..

if your concerned about upgrading, get an AM2 board. that has MUCH more upgrade potential and in a few weeks the prices will all be the same, LOWER! :)

Tox1cThreat said:
Just curious, why 939. The End Of Life (EOL) is already scheduled and it will be phased out over the next year or so..

if your concerned about upgrading, get an AM2 board. that has MUCH more upgrade potential and in a few weeks the prices will all be the same, LOWER! :)

The processor I was getting is a 939, the AMD 3700 2.2 GHz 1MB L2 cache.

lol, you dont HAVE to get a 939 proc..

I was goign to get a 939 but I found a sick AM2 board that I really wanted and then realized that soon, AMD64 AM2 X2 will cost the same as the AMD62 939 X2. So whats the point in sticking with somethign thats only goign to be around for about a year. Sure you gotta buy new ram, but its worth it!!

Tox1cThreat said:
lol, you dont HAVE to get a 939 proc..

I was goign to get a 939 but I found a sick AM2 board that I really wanted and then realized that soon, AMD64 AM2 X2 will cost the same as the AMD62 939 X2. So whats the point in sticking with somethign thats only goign to be around for about a year. Sure you gotta buy new ram, but its worth it!!

What board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom