XP Media Player question(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrillian

In Runtime
Greetings,

I am unable to view/access all my my music files that exist in My Music folder when I click on the Library tab of the Media Player.

All the Folders, sub-folders and files (haven't verified every file) are there and playable on the XP Media Player when browsing through the folders themselves.

I installed a new DVD combo drive (Liteon) with a Nero Software bundle that converted many of the files to a different format (I think, as the file icons have been changed). I think that this may be the culprit.

What can I do to convert all my music files so that they are accessible through the Library tab on the Media Player?

Should I create a restore point and then uninstall/reinstall the Nero software w/o haveing Nero convert the files?

My music is precious to me and I do have a backup along with most of the original CD's, but I don't want to have to reload it all if I mess it up.

Thanks for your time and input.

What codec are the music files converted as? WMA or MP3?

Have you tried updating WMP to the latest version, 11?

Have you tried other music programs?

talldude123 said:
What codec are the music files converted as? WMA or MP3?

Have you tried updating WMP to the latest version, 11?

Have you tried other music programs?

Thank you for your response.

The specific file(s) in question are MP3. Perhaps because they were purchased and downloaded digitally is a factor.

I have updated the WMP, I am using the WMP 11 Beta version downloaded from the Windos website.

I have used NERO and Sonic, in the end I liked the Windows media players aesthetics better (not a great reason I admit), and the useablilty was easier for me.

Essentially I would like to be able to view all of my music in the Windows Media Player so that I can manage all my music from one location.

Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom